At Tapestry Dental we realize that some patients, both children and adults, have a fear of going to the dentist. We are pleased to offer complimentary nitrous oxide sedation to you to relax and to ease your fears of getting dental treatment. Nitrous oxide, better known as “laughing gas” is an odourless gas that is inhaled though a small nose cone.
Benefits of nitrous oxide dental sedation
- A very safe form of mild sedation effective for most patients,
- Starts to work very quickly,
- Wears off very quickly with little to no side effects – you may drive after the procedure,
- Gives mild analgesia (pain control),
- The degree of sedation can easily be controlled by the dentist,
- Helps with gaggy patients.
For patients requiring a slightly deeper level of sedation, oral sedation may be combined with nitrous oxide. Oral sedation usually involves taking a medication such as Triazolam before the dental procedure.
Please call us today to book a consultation appointment to discuss what type of sedation would be best for you.