COVID 19 Enhanced Infection Control Measures
Rest assured, we have everyone’s safety and well-being in mind, so we have implemented the following enhanced infection control measures:
- Strict medical grade sterilization of instruments and meticulous disinfection of treatment rooms, as we’ve always done.
- Treatment rooms will be disinfected with our regular surface wipes and electrolyzed water, which is toxic to the coronavirus, but very safe to people.
- Treatment rooms will all be equipped with HEPA filters to ensure clean air.
- Rooms will be left vacant between patients for a suitable time period to allow for air filtration and disinfection.
- All high touch surfaces such as door handles and washrooms will be cleaned frequently.
- Staff and doctors will be screened before work to ensure they have no flu-like symptoms. If anyone is sick, they will not be permitted to work until they are well.
- All clinical staff and doctors will be required to wear personal protective equipment (PPE) including masks, face shields, head covers, gloves and protective attire while treating patients.
- Staff will be required to wear PPE in non-clinical areas and to maintain social distancing where possible. Plexiglass barriers have been installed in the reception area.
- Social distancing will be maintained throughout the office. The number of patients in the office will be kept to a minimum.
COVID 19: How to prepare for your appointment and what to expect
- COVID Assessment: Please ensure that you have completed your COVID 19 screening assessment either by email or by telephone prior to your appointment.
- COVID symptoms: If you are feeling any flu-like symptoms such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, or body aches, please let us know prior to your appointment so that you can be rescheduled.
- Masks: If possible, please wear a mask or face covering to your appointment. Non-medical masks are fine.
- Wait until your appointment time: Please do not enter the office until the time of your appointment to help maintain social distancing. When you arrive, call us from your car to let us know you have arrived, so we can give you further instructions.
- Please come alone: Unfortunately, we are unable to accommodate family members or other guests waiting inside the office. Please have them wait in the car or have them pick you up at one of the exits when your appointment is completed.
- Hand washing: Please sanitize hands as soon as you enter the office and maintain 2 m social distancing.
- Screening: Upon arriving, we will need to reconfirm the screening questionnaire, take your temperature, have you rinse your mouth with a mouth wash.
- COVID fee: To help offset the significantly higher costs of infection control, a $10 COVID fee will need to be charged for certain procedures including hygiene appointments.